By using the Discontract platform, you provide us with certain information about yourself. We are commited to keeping it completely safe. The policy set out in this notice describes the type of data we collect, how it may be used and shared, and your choices regarding this data.
Data Collection and Uses
This policy also applies to persons who provide data to Discontract together with their request to use our services, or those persons whose data is received in any other way through provision of Discontract services. All persons subject to this Policy will be herein referred to as "Users".
Discontract provides its services in Lithuania. „Virtualioji darbo rinka, UAB“ is the data controller for the personal data collected in connection with the use of Discontract's services.
The Data we Collect
Data you provide:
- User profile: we collect data when you create or update your Discontract profile. This may include your name and surname, e-mail address, telephone number, address, payment or bank information (including related payment verification information), government identification documents, passport number, if required by law, birthdate, photo and signature.
- Demographic data: we collect demographic data about you, including through user surveys. In some countries, we might also receive demographic data from third parties.
- User content: we may collect data you provide when you contact Discontract customer support, publish ratings or compliments to other users, or otherwise contact Discontract.
Data, created through the use of our services:
- Location data: depending on the Discontract services you use, your mobile app settings and the permission on your device, we may collect data about your precise or approximate location by using GPS, IP address and "Wi-Fi" data.
- Transaction data: we collect information about transactions you have completed when using our services, including your order details, date and time the service was provided, amount charged and payment type.
- Usage data: we collect information about how you use our services. This includes such data as access date and time, app features or pages viewed, app crashes or other system activity, browser type, third-party websites or services used before interacting with our services. In some cases, this information may be collected with cookies, pixels and similar technology that creates and and maintains unique identifiers. To lear more about these technologies, please see our Cookies Policy.
- Device data: we may collect information about the devices you use to access our services, including hardware models, IP addresses, operating systems and versions, software, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion data and mobile network data.
- Network data: we provide our users with the possibility to interact with one another and Discontract through our apps, sites and other services. For example, our third-party service providers and clients may call or send SMS messages to one another (in some countries without disclosing telephone numbers to each other). When Discontract provides this service, we receive certain information related to calls and messages, including the date and time when they occurred, and their content. Discontract may also use this data in order to help clients (including to resolve disputes between users), to ensure safety and security, as well as to improve our products and services, and for analytics.
Data from other sources:
- User feedback, e.g. ratings or compliments.
- Information about you submitted by other users participating in referral programs.
- Users or other persons providing information in claims or disputes.
- Insurance service providers.
- Publicly available sources sources.
- Marketing service providers.
Discontract may connect the data collected from these sources to other data it has.
How personal data is used
To provide services and features:
Discontract uses the data we collect in order to provide, personalise, maintain and improve our products and services. This includes using data to:
- Create and update your profile.
- Verify your identity.
- Process and facilitate payments for services.
- Offer, receive, provide or facilitate insurance or financial solutions in connection with our services.
- Track task progress.
- Enable features which allow you to share information with other users, e.g. leaving a user review.
- Perform internal operations, required to provide services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, to monitor and analyse usage and activity tendencies.
Safety and Security
The data we collect is used to ensure full safety and security of our users and services, so things can run smoothly. The following examples indicate what it may include:
- Screening service providers before providing them access to our services as well as later at certain intervals. This might include an employment background check, when permitted by law, to keep our services secure from unsafe service providers.
- Using device, location, profile, usage and other data to discover, solve and prevent fraud or unsafe activity in connection to our services. This includes processing of such data in some countries, by implementing procedures and models that indicate incidents of fraud or safety threats. This may include third-party data.
- To encourage user improvement, we include user ratings, which are used as a basis for deactivating those accounts that have lower than minimum ratings. Minimal ratings are established separately in accordance to the demand in each region. The overall rating may be calculated and the account deactivated through automated procedures.
The data collected by Discontract (including recordings of customer support calls, made with prior notice to you and your consent) is used to assist you when you contact customer support to receive certain services. This may include:
- Your direct questions to the appropriate customer support person;
- An investigation of your concerns and their assignment to the relevant persons;
- Monitoring of our customer support responses, and their improvement.
Research and Development
We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis, and product development. This allows us to improve and strengthen the security and safety of our services, create new features and products, as well as facilitate insurance and financial solutions in connection to our services.
Communication Between Users
Discontract uses the information collected to enable communication between our users. For example, a partner service provider may send an SMS message to or call a client to confirm arrival date, and to provide information about their order.
Discontract may use collected information to contact you about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events.
Legal Proceedings and Requirements
We may use the data collected to investigate and resolve claims and disputes related to the use of Discontract services. This information may also be used by Discontract for other purposes allowed by applicable laws, or if it is required by regulators, governmental institutions and official inquiries.
Cookies and Third-Party Technologies
Cookies are small text files, stored on a browser or device by websites, applications, online media and advertisements. Cookies and similar technologies are used by Discontract to do the following:
- Recognise users;
- Remember user preferences and settings;
- Determine the popularity of content;
- Deliver advertising campaigns and measure their effectiveness;
- Analyse site traffic and tendencies, and to generally understand the online behaviours and interests of persons interacting with our services.
Data Sharing and Disclosure
Discontract may share collected data with the entities indicated below.
With other users
- For example, if you are a client, we may share your name and average user rating.
- If you are a service provider, we may share certain data with your clients, including your name, photo and description, average rating from clients, total number of completed orders, contact information. If you complete the service provider's profile, we may also share any information related to this profile, including the newest feedback received from your clients. A client will also receive an invoice which will include such information as a breakdown of amounts charged, service rate, additional expenses, your name, photo, individual activity number, registered address.
With the general public, when you submit content on public forums
- We like interacting with our users, including public forums, such as, for example, Discontract blogs, social media and certain features of our network. When you contact us through one of these channels, this communication may be publicly visible.
With Discontract service providers and business partners
Discontract may share data with our vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research companies and other service providers or business partners. This may, for example, include:
- Payment processors and facilitators;
- Identity verification providers;
- Cloud storage providers;
- Marketing partners and marketing platform providers;
- Data analytics providers;
- Research partners, including those that carry out surveys or research projects in partnership with Discontract or on our behalf;
- Service providers that help Discontract ensure the safety and security of our apps;
- Consultants, lawyers, bank employees, and other professional service providers;
- Insurance and financial partners.
For legal reasons or in an event of a dispute
Discontract may share your data if we believe it to be necessary by applicable law, regulations, operating licenses, legal procedures, or governmental institutions' request, or when the disclosure of such data is required due to safety or similar concerns.
This may include sharing your data with law enforcement officials, governmental institutions or other third parties, when that is deemed necessary in order to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements or other policies, to protect the rights and property of Discontract or the rights, safety and property of others. We may also share this information in connection to claims or disputes related to the use of our services.
This also includes sharing your data with others in connection to mergers, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of another business, or during these processes.
With your consent
Discontract may share your data with other entities than described in this notice if you have been previously notified and have given your consent.
Data Retention and Deletion
To be able to provide services, Discontract requires user profile information. This information is accessible to Discontract as long as you have an account with Discontract.
Discontract retains certain data, including information that concerns operations, location, device and usage, for a minimum of 5 years for purposes of regulations, taxes, insurance and other requirements in places where we operate. As soon as such information is no longer necessary to provide Discontract services, guarantee customer support, improve services or for other purposes, Discontract will take measures to prevent access and use of this data in any way, except when needed for the aforementioned compliance with requirements or to ensure safety, fraud prevention and detection.
At any moment, you can request your account to be deleted by visiting the Discontract Help Center. On receipt of such request, Discontract will delete all data that does not have to be retained. In some cases, Discontract may not be able to delete your account, for example, if there is an outstanding credit on the account, or an unresolved claim or dispute connected to the account. Once the issue not allowing your account to be deleted is resolved, Discontract will delete your account as indicated previously.
Discontract may also retain certain data if that is required by legal business requirements, e.g. fraud prevention, and the strengthening of user safety and security. For example, if a user account has been deactivated by Discontract due to unsafe behaviour or any incidents related to safety, we may retain certain information about this account so that the user would not be able to create a new Discontract account.
EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
As of 25 May 2018, the processing of EU citizens' personal data is regulated by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This section provides information in relation to the EU users' rights and the responsibility of Discontract within the scope of this law.
EU Users' Rights
If you use Discontract services within the EU, you have the rights indicated below in connection to the processing of your personal information by Discontract. If you wish to exercise these rights, please continue reading below or submit a request in the Discontract Help Center.
- You have the right to request information about your personal data Discontract has, and how it is processed;
- Additionally, you have the right to obtain a copy of your personal data that Discontract collects, if its collection is consented to, or if Discontract requests information in order to provide services that you ask for.
- If Discontract has information about you that you believe to be incorrect, you have the right to ask for it to be corrected.
- Users may at any time request their accounts to be deleted. A request to delete an account can be made in the Discontract Help Center. Certain information about you may be retained if required by law or for legal business purposes.
- EU users have the right to object to Discontract personal data processing procedures, including when they are used for marketing purposes, when they include profile information and/or automated processing. Discontract may continue to process your information despite the objection, to the extent allowed by the GDPR.
Grounds for Processing
GDPR requires businesses processing personal data of EU users to do so on a specific lawful basis. As described below, Discontract processes EU users' data on one or more legal grounds specified in the GDPR.
Processing is necessary to provide the services and features you request:
Discontract must collect and use certain data in order to provide services. This includes the following:
- User profile information, which is required to set up and maintain your account, including identity verification; communication with you in regards to orders and accounts; possibility to make or receive payments;
- Identity verification for partner service providers in order for them to be able to provide services through the Discontract app;
- Operation data that must be collected and processed to provide Discontract services;
- Usage data that is required to maintain, optimise and improved Discontract services.
To use Discontract apps, the collection and use of this data is required.
Processing is required to protect the vital interests of our users and others:
If there is any threat posed to our users or other persons, Discontract may process and disclose personal data to law enforcement institutions.
Processing is required to achieve Discontract's legitimate interests:
We collect and process personal data to the extent necessary to pursue Discontract's legitimate interests. This includes collecting and using data to do the following:
- Maintain and improve user safety and security. For example, we collect data to verify user identities (where permitted by law) so that inappropriate or unsafe users would not be able to use our services, e.g. we may retain data about banned users to prevent their access to Discontract apps;
- Detect, combat and prevent cases of fraud in connection to the use of our services. For example, Discontract uses user profile, location, device and usage data to detect and prevent any circumstances allowing users defraud Discontract or other users;
- Inform law enforcement officials about criminal activity or any threats to public safety;
- Provide customer support;
- Optimise existing services and create new ones. This may consist of, for example, service provider and feature recommendations, task performance, and improvements of the pricing system.
- Conduct research and analysis. This may include trend analysis to improve the operation of our platform and increase the safety of our services.
- For direct marketing purposes. This may include data analysis in order to identify trends and adjust our marketing messages according to the needs of our users.
- To comply with the Discontract Terms and Conditions.
Processing is required to achieve legitimate interests of other persons or third parties:
- Discontract collects and uses personal data to the extent necessary to pursue other persons' or general public interests. This includes data sharing for the purposes of legal or insurance claims in order to protect the rights and safety of others. Additionally, Discontract may process personal data when that is required by important public interest or applicable law.
Processing is required to meet Discontract's legal obligations:
- Discontract must comply with the legal obligations, applicable in terms of collecting, processing, disclosing and protecting personal data, of the jurisdiction in which it operates. Discontract may share information with law enforcement authorities or fulfil third-party requests during judicial processes.
- Discontract may collect and share your information if you provide your consent. You may at any time withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, you will no longer be able to use any Discontract service or feature that requires collection of data and collected data's processing based on consent.
- Discontract relies on consent in regards to data collection and processing, which is required to improve the platform, provide services or features, or to communicate with you. If you are an EU user, the following data sets are used, based on your consent. Notifications: updated task progress information; Notifications: promotions and news; Notifications: Help Center replies.
Your Choices and Transparency
The "Privacy Settings" menu, which can be found on the Discontract app, allows users to change or update settings in regards to contact sharing and Discontract notifications received to mobile devices. Below you will find further information about these settings, how to change them and what happens if they are turned off.
Notifications: Task progress updates
Discontract sends users notifications about the status of their task. These notifications are necessary when using the Discontract app and cannot be disabled. However, you may change your preferences on how you receive these notifications in the Discontract app menu "Privacy Settings"
Notifications: Promotions and news
You may allow Discontract to send you "push" notifications about Discontract promotions and news. These notifications may be enabled or disabled at any time in the Discontract app menu "Privacy Settings".
Notifications: Help Center replies
You may allow Discontract to send you "push" notifications about the replies from the Discontract team in regards to your queries in our Help Center. These notifications may be enabled or disabled at any time in the Discontract app menu "Privacy Settings".
App permissions on your device
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android and others) distinguish certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. Your consent may be given through different permission systems. The iOS platform will show you an alert when the Discontract app requests access to certain type of data for the first time, and you will have the option of granting (or refusing) permission. On Android devices, you will be informed about the Discontract app's request to access certain data before using the app, and if you decide to use it, this will mean that you have agreed to grant such permission.
After every completed task, clients may rate service providers and leave feedback on the service received. This two-way link helps hold all parties accountable for their actions.
Updates to this Policy
We may every once in a while update this policy. If any significant changes are made, we will inform our users through notifications in Discontract applications or via other means, e.g. by e-mail. Your continued use of our services after receiving such notice, will be considered as consent to the policy updates, to the extent permitted by law.